Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Great Fishing With My Parents And Sister


With calm seas all week it was a perfect time to fish for a few hours with my family. My sister Elyse, her husband Trey, and their children Nathan and Lea, along with my mom and dad jumped on the L&H. When we got offshore we were greeted with a stiff wind and choppy seas. I knew that our time would be short and we had to make the most of it. We ran down south to a ship wreck and in no time we were pulling up big amberjacks. Deb ran the boat while James, Trey, Nate, and my dad and I did the fishing. In short order we had our limit of these big fish and my dad even managed to hook one on a jig. It was great fun, but the boat was rocking a lot and we had to get moving. We ran for a little while to see if we could find a permit. After a few minutes my dad hooked a nice fish that took us offshore. The permit is a truly spectacular fish to catch and a fish that every one loves to get, especially my dad. He did a great job on the big fish and after a great fight we put his thirty-one pound permit in the boat. Now it was time to get one for Trey. From my perch in the tower I spotted another big permit. James threw the bait out there and the fish grabbed it. The bait came out of the fishes mouth and the permit was now determined to finish the meal. It charged after the bait on the surface making for an exciting strike. Trey hooked the fish and the fight was on. During the battle I went inside to get something and saw four year old Lea watching her dad through the salon window. "My dad has a big fish" she told me. "He sure does" I replied. Trey got his big fish much to the delight of every one onboard and we headed strait for the marina. I had a great time fishing with my family! Thank you so much for a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment