Monday, March 7, 2011

Two Sailfish And A Big Cobia School


Joseph Anderton and some of his friends from work joined Wes and I for a full day of great fishing and flat calm weather. We went to the north for bait and with no wind we were going to have to attach helium balloons to the kite to help keep it aloft. As Wes was inside working on the balloons I decided to make a quick pass through the cobia area. There had been cobias off Palm Beach, but none in our neck of the woods for the past few days, but it was still worth a shot. I had only been looking for a few minutes when I found a big school! I stopped the boat and Wes cam running out. He looked up at me and I looked down with a great big smile. I did not have to say anything, he already knew. Wes sprang into action and began hooking cobias one after another. Some of the anglers were more experienced than others and the fish were all big ones so it was going to be a challenge. Wes did great working with the guys and since we found the school in real deep water he had to work quick. I knew we would not be able to stay with the school for long since they were heading strait offshore. Everything went as smooth as it possibly could with six guys fighting thirty to fifty pound cobias that were going all over the place. We ended up getting our limit and resumed our hunt for the sailfish. We fished most of the afternoon and raised five sailfish at once, only getting one of them. Then just before heading back in we released another sail to finish the day on a good note. It was a lot of fun and with flat calm seas it was another great day on the L&H!

No comments:

Post a Comment