Monday, March 28, 2011

My Dad And Max Get Em


My dad and our friend Max are in the same business, so Max was kind enough to invite my father on one of his trips. I grew up fishing with my dad, but he is so busy with work these days that he does not get out fishing as often as he used to. We got bait and ran to the south to find some nice water. It was a beautiful day with just enough wind to keep the kites out. After setting up we got a few nice dolphin and some kingfish. We had been on a dolphin slump with Max lately so I was happy to see these fish. We continued to get action and when the L&H got close to Fowey my dad got a sailfish. It was really nice to have an easy day because both guys were enjoying talking business and the fish were doing their part. When the current took us closer to Key Biscayne the sailfish started biting better and better. We had a couple of doubles and it was great to see my dad and Max each hooked up. We caught several sails and lost some. We even lost a few sailfish just feet from the leader, but it didn't matter because everyone was having a good time and if we lost one, another would be along soon. I want to thank Max a lot for giving me the chance to enjoy a great day with my dad, and a great day it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment